Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dear Christian

Dear Christian,

I miss you. I know you're up in Heaven and doing amazing things. Still, down here, I miss you a lot. Last week my friend said your name really excitedly at church- and I turned around looking for you before I realized you weren't going to be there. My heart cracked again once I realized she wasn't talking about you.
I remember waking up the morning they found you dead. I remember trying desperately to get a hold of someone, anyone, who could tell me what was going on. I remember accusing someone of joking even though I knew what they said was true.
I know it was your time to go home. You had helped so many people and were a blessing everywhere. Did I feel that way about you all the time? No, of course not. Sometimes I did get annoyed at you. Still, you were always supportive of whatever I told you about my life or dreams.
We were super good friends during Jr. High. All of us were crazy back then. We're still crazy- just not as out there about it. I remember you taking pictures of me for you school project and people asked if I was your girlfriend. I laughed really hard because I didn't really even think about dating back then.
Here's to pausing and remembering how you changed the life of anyone who ever knew you. I miss you terribly. I know you're doing great things and I'll see you one day again. Right now though, that day seems so far away. You'll always be in my heart. I will always be influenced by your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment